Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Tribute To My Jewish Friends

I am not Jewish, but that I have have many Jewish friends and feel a desire to pay their society a tribute.  The Jews have arguably been treated worse than any group of people, and yet, in so many ways they are a people that deserving of our praise.

First off, they are a very naturally talented people. The famous study by Helmuth Nyborg, (you know the one which famously determines that atheists have on average 5.89 IQ points higher than people who believe in literal religion), actually finds that Jews outdo us all when it comes to intelligence.  One third of their society have IQ scores in the 90 percentile. (See table below)



This should come as no surprise.  Go through the history books.  Almost every other Nobel Prize winner, like Einstein, Feynmann and Gell-Mann was Jewish.  In fact, can you name very many famous physicists not on this list?  It is shocking how brilliant these people are.

Next, they are incredibly industrious.  The measure I will use, from the same study, is average household income.  You may say brains should correlate with income but I will point out that our smart atheist friends are on the bottom half of this table. (See below.) At the top are again the Jews.  These people are not only smart but very hard workers.


Furthermore, as I have already stated, these people may have been treated harsher than any other group of people.  Nevertheless, they have developed an amazing ability to stay strong.  Almost anywhere a Jew goes, there is a wonderful Jewish community ready to greet them.  My point is: they really have found a way to grasp that community spirit that humanity needs in the toughest of times.

I could go on, but these are my three main observations about the Jewish people I wish to praise: They are smart, they are industrious and they have mastered a community spirit that has helped them get through the best of times and the worst of times.  In addition they have always been very kind and generous to me.  I really admire them a lot.

Plus, they have Tevye:

2 comments:

  1. Stan, you are really a hilarious person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a difference should be done between the Ashkenazi Jews and the others.

    ReplyDelete

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>