Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Schlock Mercenary

There are a limited number of comics that I follow, and I usually follow the standard ones that are normally found in the newspaper but there is one web comic that I particularly enjoy and have been reading for some time now. It is called Schlock Mercenary and is drawn by Howard Taylor, from Orem, Utah (yes he is LDS). It is quite a delightful comic to read and can be very addicting (when I found it I read through all 7 previous years in a matter of a month), and it has the added benefit of being updated daily (every day since June 12, 2000), so there is a lot to read if you want to. The comic is self-described as "The Online Comic Space Opera" (sorry, no actual singing).

If you go to today's strip (Monday, March 2, 2009) then you will get to see a "toroidal singularity with a really, really good spin on it."

Also occasionally there will be talk of subjects such as dark matter:


(from Tuesday, December 9, 2003. Sorry it's a little small. Reproduced without permission from Howard Taylor, but credit given! So check out his site, I recommend it.)

And I almost forgot to mention The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates including some of my favorites:
1. Pillage, then burn.
13. Do unto others.
29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.
34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. I've never heard of Schlock Mercenary, so I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>