Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Microsoft of 2019: Surface

I know you may think this is an anti-Microsoft post, but it isn't. I want to share with you this video of what Microsoft thinks the world will be like in 2019:

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-GB&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:a517b260-bb6b-48b9-87ac-8e2743a28ec5&showPlaylist=true&from=shared" target="_new" title="Future Vision Montage">Video: Future Vision Montage</a>

I'll tell you what I like about the video:
  1. It really does show what the world could be like.
  2. It shows Microsoft's commitment to building products that make day to day life easier.
Remember the world 10 years ago? We have progressed a lot. However, we didn't go from 1999 to the Jetsons in 10 years. Technology progresses quickly, but not that quick. Major advances, currently being worked on, can easily take 10 years to mature. So the major projects starting to day is a good idea of what to expect in a decade.

It looks like the major technology they are going to push in the next decade is their Surface technology. I have to hand it to them, there are a lot of practical applications they have in mind to make lives better with this technology.

I honestly hope they pull it off. I also hope they open up the code to allow the rest of us to improve it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>