Pages

Monday, February 5, 2007

I Have a Dreamsicle

In the tradition of posting hilarious videos, I have to give a big "tip o' the hat" to Stephen Colbert's inspiring Martin Luther King, Jr. day tribute to the civil rights leader's great speech. Click here for the video. I should warn you that they took this off YouTube, so it is only available on ComedyCentral.com in Window's media player format. :(

For those of you that don't have Windows Media Player, here's the text:

Dr King envisioned a day when the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners, could sit down together at the table of brotherhood for a feast of plenty. I believe that day has come. And what I wanna know is... what will we have for dessert? I can't speak for others, but for my own part... I have a dreamsicle! [Holds up a popsicle]

Mr King saw the South sweltering with the heat of oppression! Well, what better way to cool off than with a frozen... tasty confection? I have... a dreamsicle! [Takes a bite out of the popsicle]

He wanted children not to be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character! Just like this dreamsicle! If you judged it solely by it's outer shell, you'd think it was a sorbe. You'd be missing out on all it's inner, creamy contents. [Takes another bite]

I have a dreamsicle! Look at the way the white and the orange are working together, side by side in harmony. [Takes another bite]

Mmm... I really wish you could taste this! If you think of the orange part as white people, and the white part as black people, it's almost as if the two races are holding hands. Because all men are created equal... equally delicious! I have a dreamsicle! [Takes another bite]

And... in his last lines, Dr King envisions every valley exalted, every hill made... [Goodness]! [Holds his forehead]

Aggh, brain freeze! Oohhh... ahhh! Oh [Jeeze], that hurt! Ugh, forget it! Nothing's worth this pain... good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>