Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How do I Love Summer? Let Me Count the Ways....

How do I love summer? Let me count the ways.
I love summer to the depth and breadth and height
My uninterrupted time can reach, when feeling out of sight of undergrads
For the ends of Research and ideal Parking.
I love summer to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and Colorado thunderstorm.
I love summer freely, as grad students travel to Conferences;
I love summer purely, as grad students strive for Publications.
I love summer with a passion put to use
In my old coursework, and with my passing of Comps.
I love summer with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost Time, --- I love summer with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my hopes for graduation! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love summer better after my PhD.
-Elizabeth Browning (with some minor modifications)
Here's to summers in grad school - when we actually make progress towards our degrees!

1 comment:

  1. Nick Poem Nick.  I think one thing I like about summer is that there are much less people around.  Lines are shorter, the campus seems more peaceful, etc... I'm sure you have some nice summers in Boulder by the way.

    ReplyDelete

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>