Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Very Interesting Graphic On How Various Groups Spend Their Time?

The New York Times has a graphic detailing how different groups of Americans spend their time each day. It is broken down by gender, race, age, education etc... It is very interesting and I suggest you check it out.

So much for the saying "work smarter not harder." It appears the more education you receive, the more of your time is spent at work. (Why am I in grad school again? ) This graph seems to confirm the idea that if you enjoy a subject, like physics, enough to go to grad school, you will ultimately become a slave to it. :(

I should have become a nurse since:
  1. In some ways thy are the most needed people in the world.
  2. If I spent half as much time educating myself in nursing as I will in physics, I could still make a lot of money.
  3. They only work three 12-hour shifts a week. Not only is that less than 40 hours, but on a practical level, you can't beat having four whole days of free time as opposed to the usual two.
Oh well, I do enjoy physics a lot. But, as this graphic would suggest, I will never know the amount of rest and relaxation someone like a nurse enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>