Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wicked Is Really Good

One thing great about living close to LA is that you can attend official Broadway plays in Hollywood. The current play featured is Wicked.

I was surprised how good Wicked was. I was shocked how good Glinda was. (Played by Megan Hilty.) Seriously, I thought, listing to the CD, Glinda had a good role, but I had no idea how well it could be acted out. I couldn't imagine someone doing it any better.

I'll put it another way: I've seen a few Braodway plays, but never have I seen someone recieve a roar from the audience mid-song as it is getting so good people can't wait for the song to end any longer. (The song was "Popular". The orchastra had to pause for the cheering to stop so it could resume.)

Elphaba was really good too. (Played by Caissee Levy.) She was very funny and had the lungs that made you hold onto your seat when she hit notes. (In the good way. A very good/powerful singer.)

I still think Les Miserables is the best Broadway play I have seen, but this one was great. I highly recommend it to anyone.

By the way, as school is getting tough, just take Fiyero:
The trouble with schools is
They always try to teach the wrong lessons
Believe me, I've been kicked out
Of enough of them to know
They want you to become less callow
Less shallow
But I say: why invite stress in?
Stop studying strife
And learn to live the unexamined life

Dancing through life
Skimming the surface
Gliding where turf is smooth
Life's more painless
For the brainless
Why think too hard
When it's so soothing
Dancing through life

No comments:

Post a Comment

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>