Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Professor Resolves Einstein's Twin Paradox?

I thought Einstein's twin paradox had already been solved. At least, I thought we solved it in GR last year. Maybe I was mistaken. (The pole in the barn was my favorite though.)

Nevertheless, Science Daily is claiming a Professor finally resolved the problem. Congratulations for him. (If anybody knows more about relativist's apparent lack of ability to solve the twin paradox until now please comment. Maybe next week I will find out we really didn't solve the pole in the barn problem either.)

2 comments:

  1. After reading the review, it sounds as though he's assuming a fixed background (ie the 'distant stars'). Usually this is a big No-No in S.R. and G.R. so I am curious to read the article.
    B.T.W. I didn't realize there was a paradox until now. It is amazing what we don't realize what we don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Donald Rumsfeld said "as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

    ReplyDelete

To add a link to text:
<a href="URL">Text</a>